Our History

LFN began on October 11, 1959, under the leadership of Rev. Ralph Price, meeting at the National Guard Armory.  The church moved to W. Dicks Street as it grew, meeting there until property could be purchased on Garfield St. in 1965.  In March of 1966, the first service was held at 1122 Garfield St. Over the years, numerous additions were added as the church grew.  Then on August 5, 2012, the church sustained a direct lightning strike which immediately started the church on fire. Despite the quick arrival of the Fire Department, the building was a complete loss. On December 19, 2012, ground was broken on the new structure, designed to be built in two phases.  Phase 1 included offices, classrooms, bathrooms and a large multi-use gymnasium with a youth area above.  This main area is called our Family Life Center (FLC), and this is where most of our services and activities are held.  Phase 2 includes the construction of a sanctuary on the opposite end of the FLC.  The footers are laid underneath the north parking lot.  As our congregation grows, we will enter into phase 2.